Blueberry pie is a type of pie filled with a blueberry filling. Usually a sheet of crust lines the baking dish and another sheet of crust is laid on top of the filling. In many cases the crust made to put on top of the pie is cut into strips, and laid criss-cross over the blueberry filling, like the picture shown above.
How do I make Blueberry Pie?Edit
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
- 1 tablespoon Of butter
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Mix sugar, cornstarch, salt, and cinnamon, and sprinkle over blueberries.
- Line pie dish with one pie crust. Pour berry mixture into the crust, and dot with butter. Cut remaining pastry into 1/2 - 3/4 inch wide strips, and make lattice top. Crimp and flute edges.
- Bake pie on lower shelf of oven for about 50 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.
- Take it out.
- Eat it.